What is Professional Indemnity Insurance?
Professional Indemnity Insurance provides protection for your business against a claim made by a client alleging they have suffered a financial loss as a result of your negligence or a breach of professional duty from services provided by your business.
We provide Professional Indemnity insurance to companies of all sizes from one person consultancies up to and including Australia’s largest companies. In terms of Professional Indemnity, we insure a range of professionals including management consultants, insurance brokers, engineers, accountants, architects, recruitment consultants, underwriting agencies, real estate agents, excess layer lawyers, and many more.
Why do you need Professional Indemnity Insurance?
PI Insurance will cover you and your business against a claim made against you for a number of reasons such as:
- Errors or omissions in the provision of your Professional Services
- Faulty designs, inaccurate advice
- Misleading & deceptive conduct
- Breaches of intellectual property rights
- Breaches of contract
- Fraudulent & dishonest acts
- Loss of or damage to documents
- Fines & penalties
Do you need Professional Indemnity Insurance?
If you are a professional providing advice or a service, you may need Professional Indemnity Insurance. If you provide any of the following it is a good idea to check your current coverage.
- Exercise or profess to have specialised knowledge or skills;
- Owe a duty of care to a client or third party in the performance of their professional work
- Paid fees for advice, design, care services
Berkley Insurance Australia is a registered business name of the Australian branch of Berkley Insurance Company (ABN 53 126 559 706). Berkley Insurance Company is authorised by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority as a general insurer to conduct new or renewal business.
The information and opinions contained in this document are general in nature. You should consider what insurance is appropriate for you or seek independent insurance advice.