Public and Products Liability Insurance
Public and product liability insurance protects businesses from paying compensation to a third party in the event of personal accidents, injury or property damage resulting from any business activity and manufactured or supplied product.
Primary & Excess Options
- Manufacturing – food, electrical, industrial machinery and equipment,
plastics, non-invasive and non ethical medical equipment
- Wholesalers – importers / exporters
- Packaging companies
- Retail chains
- Property Owners and Real Estate
- Transport companies
- Contracting firms eg. engineers, electricians, plumbers, services to construction
- Business services eg. lawyers, accountants, banks
- Farming and services to agriculture
- Liability cover to support and complement other lines written by Berkley Insurance Australia
- Night Clubs, Bars and Taverns
- Security Companies
- Underground Mining
- Child care operators
- Aviation Products (control or navigation)
- Offshore rigs and platforms
- Railways (other than private sidings / narrow gauge)
GET A QUOTE
The Insured is a manufacturing company who engaged the Claimant as a labour hire worker. The Claimant suffered injuries to his back and shoulder during the course of his on-hired duties. The Claimant alleges his injuries were resultant of unsafe work practices and a failure to provide the Claimant with adequate training.
The matter was unable to be resolved via mediation and the matter proceeded to a hearing in the county Court of Victoria (Melbourne). Based on witness statements and expert evidence, BIA and its panel solicitors was able to demonstrate that the Insured’s work methods were safe and that adequate training was provided; the Claimant simply did not adhere to the safe work method statements and processes upon which they were trained. The claim was successfully defended.
Management Liability Insurance
Management Liability Insurance will protect Directors and Officers as well as the Company against a Wrongful Act committed in the management of the Company.
Professional Indemnity Insurance
Professional Indemnity Insurance will protect professionals against claims for financial loss arising out of an act, error or omission arising out of the conduct of the Professional Business.
IT liability Insurance
Information Technology Liability Insurance is a combined policy specifically created for IT professionals. It avoids gaps in coverage that can arise if policies are placed separately.